Monday, August 28, 2006

ABC's

Friday, I was riding in the car with Seth (my 6 year old son). It was just the two of us.

Normally Seth is a goofball who loves to be silly and talk about cartoons and funny stuff. But all of a sudden he got fairly serious. He said, "Dad, I learned something last week at church." I asked, "What did you learn, buddy?"

Seth said, "Dad, they taught us the ABC's." I thought, "This is not impressive. My son is 6 years old. He already knows the ABC's."

He said, "No Dad, we learned about the ABC's of Jesus." He then proceeded to tell me about God's plan for our salvation:

A - admit that you've done wrong in your life
B - believe Christ died on the cross so we could be forgiven
C - choose to become a Christian and live as a follower of Jesus

I was impressed. My 6 year old had just explained to me the basic theology of the Christian faith. And it seemed to be more than just words. He seemed to have a grasp of what this concept means.

At that point he said, "Dad, I prayed last night. I prayed the ABC's and I gave my life to Jesus."

!!!!!!!!

Yeah God! And thank you to the volunteers in the children's ministry at Faith Church. You are making a huge impact on the lives of our kids.