Thursday, August 17, 2006

main accomplishments

I think the main accomplishment of this 5 week (6 Sunday) Sabattical has been the opportunity to connect with my family. I have such an amazing wife and two of the greatest kids in the world.

But productivity is always a priority (even in my times off). My 2 main ministry related goals:

1) Check out worship services at some of the coolest churches in the Midwest.

As you have read in this Blog, we have been to a lot of churches. 12 churches in 6 Sundays...what a tour! It is so cool to see the powerful and very different ways that God is using churches to impact their communities with the love of Christ.

2) Read books that help me gain a great appreciation for leadership development and my personal relationship with Jesus. These are the books I've completed over the last month:

We Would See Jesus (Roy Hession)

Breakout Churches (Thom Rainer)

Story (Steven James)

Overcoming The Darkside of Leadership (McIntosh & Rima)

The Horse and His Boy (C.S. Lewis)

Prince Caspian (C.S. Lewis)

Voyage of the Dawn Treader (C.S. Lewis)

The Silver Chair (C.S. Lewis)