Saturday, November 24, 2007

daniel's prayer

This month at First Wesleyan we are in a Sunday series called SUPERNATURAL. This weekend I'm going to touch on the power of prayer in the battle of the spiritual warfare.

I don’t know about you, but for me, there are times when I slip into thinking that prayer is not that big a deal. It seems like I pray and pray, and nothing happens.

But then I’m reminded of the story of Daniel, when he was going through a difficult time.

In (Daniel 10 vs.12) it says an angel came to him, “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard… (the angel said, “Daniel, from the very first moment those words came from your lips, God heard your prayer in heaven. And he sent me to come help you").

The angel said, “And I have come in response to (your prayers). But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there.”

All of a sudden Daniel realized God was answering his prayer. But it was taking time. There was a battle going on.

Just because you pray and it seems like nothing is happening, don’t think that it’s the end of the story. Prayer is more powerful than you know. Keep praying. It is making a difference.