Wednesday, October 03, 2007

day with the big wigs

With all of the "NEWness" that fills every single day of my life recently, obviously the discipline of writing has waned. Hopefully you'll keep checking in on this site, because I will be getting back to it.

But these past weeks have not been uneventful. One of the craziest opportunities was last week's trip to Houston to spend the day at the largest church in North America, Lakewood Church.

Thanks to someone choosing to invest and pour into my life, I received this special invitation to an amazing leadership rountable. Along with a small group of about 30 other pastors, we spent about 11 hours in discussion with Joel & Victoria Osteen, Bill Hybels and John Maxwell.



I could try to unpack all the amazing events of the day and the ways my heart and mind were stretched, but in all honesty...it's an experience that I'm still processing. Suffice to say, I felt like a very small fish in a very big pond.

And I gained a greater appreciation for how God often wires effective leaders in very different ways. We don't all have to be alike. We don't all have to do the same things in the same kind of ways. We must, however, leverage our strengths to affect maximum impact for Kingdom advancement.

You and I are responsible for making the most of what God has given us. And fortunately, He doesn't leave us to do it on our own!