Saturday, June 09, 2007

communicated presence

Do you ever have one of those weeks where you just crave Sunday morning?

Sometimes you may experience that when things are really going badly. Life seems yucky and you want to go worship and study God's Word out of desparation. "Lord help me...now...please!"

But that's not what I'm talking about today. Actually, I've had a great week. I've spent time connecting with leaders and had some great conversations with Faith Church newbies! I got a lot of administrative stuff accomplished (not usually my favorite tasks.) I even carved out some studying time (although not nearly as much as I had hoped).

Sure, we had to take BOTH of our cars to the shop (expensive)...and the lawnmower broke down (basically every motorized machine we own is being repaired). But those things happen and you just take them in stride.

This week, the reason I am so much looking forward to church, is because I can't wait to worship in community! It is COMEDY Sunday @ Faith and we're going to share some great laughs. We're also going to connect with God in an amazing way. Mark has some great songs planned for tomorrow. I'm not in the band. I'm not speaking or teaching. I just get to experience it all. Maybe I'll even get an "after service" vanilla latte.

C.S. Lewis said, "It is in the process of being worshipped that God communicates His presence to men." I pray that God will be worshipped and his presence will be communicated.