Tuesday, May 15, 2007

store closing

Wow, I wonder...how many people are applying for jobs at that store?

To earn commitment and loyalty, people need to know that you're sticking around for the long haul. I even find myself questioning the longevity of a business before I get too attached. Do I really want to fall in love with a restaurant that's going to close next year?

I guess I'm one of THOSE people. I want to root for one team, or one player. I want to get excited about a quality brand. I want to tell everybody to shop at my favorite store or take their car to the best auto repair shop around (go to E.L. Automotive Center with Bill Peters). I want to develop a relationship.

Maybe that's why I've been at Faith Church for almost 12 years. Instead of just getting upset and leaving when things don't go my way...I'd rather invest in trying to make a difference. It's all about relationship.