Wednesday, March 07, 2007

cookie crisp

This morning at the breakfast table, my children informed me of their latest and greatest discovery.

Our 6 year old boy, Seth, was jumping up and down with a look of glee radiating from his eyes. He joyfully cried out, "Cookies for breakfast. Did you hear me, Dad? That's what I'm saying. You can eat chocolate chip cookies for breakfast!!! And it's a cereal. Have you ever heard of this before? It's the greatest invention ever. Little cookies, in a bowl, as a cereal, that you can eat with a spoon."

Yes, my children discovered the joy of high-sugar cereals. I didn't have the heart to tell him, that it was something that I too ate as a child. And that it might be a mildly decent cereal, but as far as "cookies" go..."Cookie Crisp" is far from being as good as a real gooey chocolate-chip cookie.

But I wasn't going to burst his bubble. The joy of watching children grow and discover is the greatest part about being a parent.

And you've got to admit...it is pretty cool eating "cookies" for breakfast. But I'll bypass the cereal and go straight for the real thing!